This Healthier Mayo Free Macaroni Salad is packed with tons of vegetables and flavor! It’s made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo making it a healthier summer side option!
Hi! I’m so sorry I’ve been a little MIA lately! This summer has been a little bit crazy, good crazy, and I’ve been so busy. I’ll have more information soon but we’re in the process of moving and there is so much we need to do.
More on that later, but for now let’s talk about this awesome Healthier Mayo-Free Pasta Salad I’m sharing today!
I’m not exactly anti-mayo. I do use it occasionally in potato salad and a few other things, but when it comes to pasta salad I’m just not that into it I guess. My husband is a fan of the mayo heavy deli counter macaroni salad, but I just can’t stomach it.
I feel like it’s way too sweet, has way too much mayo and is not refreshing at all. So, I decided to make my own and use Greek yogurt instead of mayo. I also packed it with lots of fresh herb flavor and crisp summer veggies!
This Healthier Mayo Free Macaroni Salad is perfect for a BBQ side dish, potluck or just a regular summer dinner side. We grill out a lot in summer and I love having fresh, homemade side dishes that are packed with veggies and other healthy ingredients.
I hope you all are having a fun summer and I’ll update you on our move as soon as I have more info!Print
This Healthier Mayo-Free Macaroni Salad is made with Greek yogurt and is so flavorful!
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni pasta, gluten free or regular
- 3/4 cup diced cherry tomaotes
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- 3/4 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and add to a large bowl.
- Add all the diced vegetables to the pasta.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or small bowl and mix until combined. Pour desired amount of dressing over macaroni salad and mix until combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.