These Healthy Ranch Roasted Carrots are great for an easy side dish that is kid friendly! They’re also vegan and gluten free!
I feel like this is always a funny time of year. Where I live we are currently enjoyed a wonderful spring, where I used to live has already hit 90 degrees and isn’t slowing down and then there are places like Colorado that are getting snow right now! I feel like these Healthy Ranch Roasted Carrots are the perfect compromise recipe because it’s warm and cozy but also nice and fresh.
Do you guys remember that Healthy Homemade Ranch Seasoning Recipe I posted a while ago? We are putting it to use today!
This Ranch Roasted Carrot Recipe Is So Easy To Make!
When I made these Ranch Roasted Carrots I bought a small bag of carrots, peeled them and cut them into chunks. Honestly, I just preferred how they looked that way 🙂 But, to make this recipe even easier you could just get a big bag of baby carrots and use them instead.
All you have to do to make these roasted carrots is toss everything together in a large bowl and then bake until fork tender and delicious!
Can I Add In Other Veggies To Make Ranch Roasted Vegetables?
Yes!! I just did carrots because carrots and ranch is such a classic flavor combo but you can add in any other veggies you like. I’ve been meaning to make ranch roasted potatoes for a while now and will hopefully get around to it this summer.
If you’re adding other vegetables in you just want to make sure that they will have the same roasting time as the carrots will have. Here are a few ideas of other veggies to add in: Potato, Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Bell Pepper, Parsnips.
These Healthy Ranch Roasted Carrots would be great to use as a side dish to dinner. You can also just eat them as a snack. My two year old loved them and kept asking for more 🙂
I usually just roast my veggies with some olive oil, salt and pepper but I love having my ranch seasoning on hand to make my roasted veggies a little bit more exciting.
Recipe Tips for Healthy Ranch Roasted Carrots:
- You can use a bag of baby carrots instead of peeling and cutting your own.
- I like to use my Homemade Ranch Seasoning for this recipe because I know exactly what’s in it and it’s healthier than the store bought packet, but you could use that instead if you don’t want to make your own. It’s a little bit stronger in flavor so I’d suggest just using a few teaspoons.
- Feel free to add as many other vegetables in as you like! Just make sure they all have the same roasting time.
- These roasted carrots are best enjoyed warm, out of the oven but if I have leftovers I also snack on them cold out of the refrigerator.
These Healthy Ranch Roasted Carrots are perfect for an easy side dish that is also kid friendly!
- 2 pounds carrots, or 5 cups
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel carrots and cut then into small finger sized pieces. You could also use baby carrots.
- Place carrots in a bowl and toss with olive oil and ranch seasoning. Lay carrots out on a large sheet pan and bake until fork tender, flipping once, 35-40 minutes.