This Healthy Homemade Ranch Seasoning Recipe is so easy to make and goes well on your favorite roasted vegetables, in dips and on chips!
Is anyone else a spice hoarder? I love trying out new spices and I always make sure my spice cabinet is fully stocked. I love it when people come to stay with us and ask for a random spice to use and I actually have it on hand. For me, the spices used to make this Healthy Homemade Ranch Seasoning Recipe are alls spices I have on hand regularly.
If that’s not the case for you I would highly suggest finding a grocery store that has a bulk spice section (Sprouts) and just getting what you need there instead of buying new jars of each of these spices. It will save you so much money and the quality is usually not bad at all!
How To Make Healthy Homemade Ranch Seasoning:
It really couldn’t be easier to make this Homemade Ranch Seasoning Recipe! All you do is add your spices to a bowl and mix together. It’s really just that easy 🙂
You can store this Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix just like you would store any other spice. You can use an old spice jar, a plastic bag or a small Tupperware container. You just want to make sure it’s completely air tight. I probably wouldn’t store it for more than 6 months. Spices tend to last a long time but it might not be quite as fresh tasting after 6 months time.
How To Use This Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
There are so many ways to enjoy this ranch seasoning mix! Here are just a few ways that I’ve used it:
- I originally created this recipe for my Homemade Cool Ranch Doritos that you see below. You just bake the chips and then toss them with the seasoning and they’re great for a healthy snack!
- I will be sharing the recipe for these Ranch Roasted Carrots (photo below) later this week. Basically you just toss your carrots with oil and a few teaspoons of this ranch seasoning and then roast them until tender.
- You could add this ranch seasoning mix to plain non-fat greek yogurt to make a healthy ranch dip.
- I’ve added it to beans to give them a little extra flavor before making tacos with them.
There are really so many possibilities for this Healthy Homemade Ranch Seasoning! My 2 year old like to eat it with a spoon haha 🙂 I’d love to hear how you use it! See exactly how I make my Ranch Seasoning below!
This Healthy Homemade Ranch Seasoning is perfect for using in dips, roasted potatoes/vegetables, or homemade chips!
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, crushed into a powder (measure after it’s in a powder)
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives, crushed into a powder (measure after it’s in a powder)
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Store at room temperature, in an airtight container.