This Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad is great for a make ahead vegan work day lunch, or for a hearty side dish at your next party! It’s quick and easy to throw together and packed with tons of healthy ingredients. The quinoa and black beans both add protein, so it’s a salad that will fill you up. This vegetarian quinoa salad is tossed with a flavorful lime dressing, which makes it great for summertime!
Why You’ll Love This Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe!
- It’s packed with veggies – I love packing in as many veggies (and fruit) as I can to salads like this. You are more than welcome to add even more of your favorite vegetables too!
- It’s easy to make – All you have to do is cook the quinoa, chop up the mango and veggies and make the easy homemade dressing. This salad comes together quickly and it’s great for leftovers.
- There’s so much flavor – The dressing is made using lots of lime juice, cumin and some smoked paprika. It packs a punch of flavor and really brings this quinoa salad to the next level!
Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe Ingredients and Substitutions
- Quinoa – Quinoa is great because it’s quick and easy to cook and adds lots of protein and other nutrients to this salad. If you don’t have quinoa, you could also use rice, orzo, couscous or any other small grain or pasta you like.
- Black Beans – I used one can of black beans, or about 1 1/2 cups of fresh black beans.
- Mango – Mango and black beans go together so well and I love the mango adds some sweetness to this salad. I bought a whole mango that I cut into chunks, but these days you can usually find pre-cut mango in the produce section. You could also use frozen mango that you have allowed to thaw completely.
- Veggies – I added cucumber, tomato, corn, onion and jalapeños to the salad. You are more than welcome to add any extra veggies that you like though.
- Cilantro – I love adding fresh herbs to my salads and cilantro goes perfectly with all the other flavors in the recipe. If you aren’t a fan of cilantro, you could instead use parsley, mint or basil.
- Dressing – The dressing is made using olive oil, lime juice, garlic, dijon mustard, maple syrup, cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. It’s easy to throw together and adds so much flavor to this quinoa salad.
How To Make The Best Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Add your quinoa to a small mesh colander. Rinse quinoa well and shake out all excess water. Add the quinoa to a small saucepan and cover with two cups of water. Put the lid on the pot, place over medium heat and allow to come to a simmer. Once water is simmering, turn the heat down to low and let cook until quinoa has absorbed all the water, about 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and let quinoa sit, with lid on, for about 10 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork and add to a large bowl to let cool for a few minutes.
- Make the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl, or jar, and mix together until completely combined. Give the dressing a taste and adjust any flavors as needed.
- Once the quinoa is cooled, add in the black beans, mango, cucumber, corn, tomato, onion and jalapeno. Pour the dressing over and mix everything together. Stir in your fresh cilantro and season with extra salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Quinoa salad can be served immediately, or refrigerated for about 4-5 days. Enjoy on it’s own or with a side of chips.
Black Bean Quinoa Salad Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this salad vegan? Yes!
- Is this recipe gluten free? Yes, quinoa is a naturally gluten free grain.
- Can other vegetables be added? Of course! Add any other veggies you like to this salad.
- How long will leftovers last in the refrigerator? Leftovers should last about 4-5 days, when stored in an airtight container.
- How should this quinoa salad be served? It can be served on it’s own as a lunch or it can be enjoyed as a side dish to a main course.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Easy Quinoa Recipes?Print