This healthy, filling Mediterranean Lentil Salad is perfect for lunch or a side dish!
I feel like I’ve been sharing more sweets and rich foods than usual lately, so I had to break things up with this delicious and healthy Mediterranean Lentil Salad!
This salad is perfect for a healthy holiday side or a delicious potluck dish. I absolutely love side dishes that are filling enough to be meals, in case you can’t eat anything else at the party.
My current diet isn’t quite as restrictive as it used to be, but I remember the days when I would go to a party and the only thing I could eat was the dish I had brought. I learned to always bring a filling salad that could also be my dinner.
This Mediterranean Lentil Salad is just that. It’s packed with lentils, lots of vegetables, creamy feta cheese and then topped off with a zippy dressing. As filling as it is, it’s also light and healthy.
I’ve also been eating it for lunches all week, so it’s great for meal prep too!
Can you guys believe that Christmas is just a week away?! Which means that it’s almost 2018, eek! The time is going by way too quickly, but I also love January and all the new beginnings it brings 🙂Print
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
A delicious and filling salad that’s packed with vegetables! Great for a side dish or lunch!
- 2 cups French lentils, or brown lentils
- 1 cup julienned lacinato kale
- 3/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon juice and zest, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse the lentils and place them in a large pot. Cover with about 6 cups of water and season with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain any excess water off, if necessary.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined. Add the lentils and the remaining ingredients and mix. Salad can be served immediately or refrigerated up to 3 days.
If you like lemon, I’d recommend adding some lemon zest and a big squeeze of lemon juice before serving 🙂
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Salad, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
You also might enjoy this Loaded Kale Caesar Salad
Hi there I love the look of this salad but I am dairy free, just wondering what you would recommend putting in instead of the feta?
Thanks so much
She Likes Food says
Hi Tracey, I have a recipe that I use for vegan feta (made with tofu) that you can find here 🙂
Absolutely delicious!!! The dressing is wonderful, and i went heavy on the oregano. I used 1 cup lentils and skipped the kale. The lemon is a perfect addition. This will be a repeat recipe!
She Likes Food says
I’m so glad you liked it, Sarah!! Lemon makes everything taste better 🙂