This Roasted Sweet Potato Hash is cozy, flavorful and filling! It’s perfect for breakfast and goes great with eggs, toast, bacon, oatmeal and more!
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why not start your day off with this delicious Roasted Sweet Potato Hash Recipe! It’s easy to make and goes well with almost all your favorite breakfast foods!
Sometimes I feel like all my recipes involve vegetables being roasted in the oven with olive oil and spices. But, when the weather is cold, roasting is the way to go! It adds lots of extra flavor and is pretty hands off once you get everything in the oven!
Roasted Sweet Potato Hash Recipe Ingredients
- Sweet Potato – I just used one small sized sweet potato for my hash. I did peel mine but that step is optional. There are lots of different varieties and sweet potato and yams at the grocery store these days, I like to buy the ones that are very orange in color but you can use any variety you like.
- Bell Peppers – I used a mixture of red and green bell peppers. They are usually my go-to but yellow or orange ones would be great too! If you don’t like bell peppers you should definitely try them roasted! I cut them pretty small and they get nice and caramelized and taste a lot different than they do when they are raw.
- Onion – I used red onion because that’s what I had on hand but yellow, white or even shallots would work in this recipe.
- Olive Oil – I love to roast with olive oil, but if you prefer avocado, coconut or any other kind, you can use that instead.
- Spices – I used a mixture of cumin, garlic, onion, smoked paprika and regular paprika. I also topped with some fresh thyme leaves after I took it out of the oven. You can really use any seasonings you like for this recipe. You can even just do olive oil, salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Salt and Black Pepper
How To Make Roasted Sweet Potato Hash with Veggies
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Start by preparing your sweet potato and veggies. I like to peel my sweet potato but that step is optional. Dice sweet potato, bell peppers and onion into bite size pieces and place on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and add all your seasonings. Use your hands to toss everything together and arrange in a single layer on your sheet pan. Place pan into the oven and roast for about 30-35 minutes, stirring once. I like my veggies to be super caramelized and the sweet potato starting to brown too, but you can take them out a little earlier if you prefer.
- I like to add some fresh herbs over the top of my hash before eating. As you can see in the photo, I enjoyed mine with some scrambled eggs, toast and avocado but this sweet potato hash would go well with almost all breakfast foods!
Sweet Potato Hash Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe gluten free? Yes!
- Is this recipe vegan? Yes!
- Can I use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes? Of course! They might need a little extra time to roast though so just keep a close eye on things.
- Can the hash be made ahead of time? I like to prep all my vegetables ahead of time and just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you want to make the entire recipe ahead of time, you can just heat the hash up in a frying an or microwave before eating.
- How long will leftovers keep in the refrigerator? They should keep for up to 4 days as long as they are stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Is this sweet potato hash freezer friendly? I haven’t frozen it myself, but if stored in an airtight freezer friendly container, you should be able to freeze for about 6 months.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!