This Sheet Pan Roasted Gnocchi, Butternut Squash and Broccoli is such a hearty and delicious dinner that’s also really easy to make!
This Sheet Pan Roasted Gnocchi, Butternut Squash and Broccoli has been one of my favorite meals lately! It’s been my goal this season to come up with more easy vegetarian/vegan sheet pan dinners and I’m excited to share my second one with you today!
A few weeks ago I shared my Sheet Pan Roasted Veggie and Chickpea Sheet Pan Meal and it’s another favorite around here. They’re just so easy and so hearty!
Sweet potato is usually my go to when roasting veggies but this time of year I love butternut squash! It’s creamy, a little bit sweet and also has zero freestyle weight watchers points, as opposed to sweet potato.
It also goes really well with broccoli and sage. This Sheet Pan Roasted Gnocchi is exactly what I think about when I think fall comfort food.
Vegetarian/Vegan sheet pan dinners are a little harder to come up with because it can be hard to think of things other than just veggies to roast haha. But, when I tested this recipe out with gnocchi it was perfect!
You might think that the gnocchi would get a little overdone if you roast it for 50-60 minutes but I think that all the other veggies on the pan help it to stay moist because it came out perfectly!
The garlic, butter sage sauce is the perfect topper for this fall meal and adds so much flavor! I really could eat a meal like this for dinner overnight this time of year!
Recipe tips for Sheet Pan Roasted Gnocchi, Butternut Squash and Broccoli:
- You will need to use a large sheet pan in order to roast everything evenly. You want everything to be in a single layer so you get an even roast.
- If you don’t want your gnocchi to be as crispy I would suggest adding it in about 30 minutes into the baking process. Just toss it in a bowl with some olive oil and then add it to your roasting pan with everything else.
- If you don’t like/have access to butternut squash you can switch it out for sweet potato if you like.
- You want to make sure the butternut squash is diced into small pieces so it bakes at the same time everything else bakes. If you have larger pieces it may not be done cooking by the time the gnocchi and broccoli are.
This hearty and delicious dinner is roasted all together on one sheet pan!
- 1 (17.6 oz) package gnocchi
- 1 small-medium butternut squash, peeled and diced (you should get about 4 cups). You want to dice it fairly small so that it cooks at the same time as everything else.
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 purple onion, large dice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, vegan or regular
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together the gnocchi, butternut squash, broccoli, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper. As I said above, if you don’t want your gnocchi super crispy you should toss it in a bowl with some olive oil and add it to your roasting pan about 30 minutes into the cooking process.
- Roast until butternut squash is fork tender, 50-60 mins.
- When almost finished roasting, in a small saucepan cook together the butter, garlic and sage. You want the butter to be melted and the garlic and sage are warmed through.
- Once you remove the gnocchi and veggies from the oven drizzle with the garlic sage butter and add chopped walnuts, if desired. Serve and enjoy!