If you love sheet pan dinners you will love these Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Bowls! They’re vegan and gluten free and so easy to make!
I didn’t actually pan on making these Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Bowls for the blog. I originally made then about two weeks ago when we were having a really nice, cold day. It had rained all night and the weather was cold enough for pants and a sweatshirt. It was a perfect fall day!
I got home from a walk with Eli and felt like making something really comforting for lunch. I decided to clean out the vegetable drawer and roast everything on a sheet pan and it turned out to be a great idea!
I’ve been interested in sheet pan dinners for a while now but I feel like it’s a little more challenging to come up with a substantial vegetarian/vegan sheet pan meal. With meat you can just throw that on with a bunch of vegetables and call it dinner.
For this recipe I decided to throw in a can of chickpeas for that extra protein and I also added some leftover quinoa when serving this to make it even more substantial. You can serve it over anything that you like.
I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t roast vegetables all year round, but I especially love roasting them when the weather is cooler. Roasting brings out such a great taste and I love when they get all browned and crispy on the edges, especially the broccoli!
This is really a clean out the fridge type of dinner so you can most certainly substitute any vegetables you don’t have with ones that you do have. I usually find that when my sheet pan is pretty crowded everything roasts perfectly at the same temperature for the same amount of time. I’ve never had issues with one vegetable being done while another one needs more time.
Cooking Tips for Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Bowls:
- I prefer not to use a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper while roasting lots of vegetables because it seems to make them steam more and not get roasted and crispy as quickly.
- You want to use a pretty large sheet pan for this recipe because there’s lots of veggies. It’s best if they can be in a single layer because if they’re crowded on top of each other they won’t roast very well.
- If you don’t have/like all the vegetables I used in this recipe feel free to replace them with your favorites.
- I enjoyed mine over some leftover quinoa but you could use any other grain you like and have on hand.
- I just used a drizzle of tahini and lemon juice for a “dressing” but you could use whatever you like.
These delicious Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable and Chickpea Bowls are so easy to make and perfect for fall or winter! They’re also vegan and gluten free!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and small diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or your favorite grain
- Optional toppings: tahini, lemon wedges, fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place all vegetables and chickpeas onto your sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, curry powder, paprika, and cumin.
- Roast vegetables until sweet potato is tender and other vegetables are browned and caramelized, 40-50 minutes.
- I like to serve vegetables over quinoa and top with a drizzle of tahini and squeeze of lemon juice.