This Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu with Broccoli and Potatoes is great for an easy weeknight dinner but also delicious enough for a special occasion! It’s easy, vegan and so good!
Sometimes the idea of making a big dinner with roasted potatoes, veggies and a protein can seem a little daunting. That is why sheet pan meals are truly the best! You cook everything together on one sheet pan and you get a delicious dinner in just about 30 minutes. This Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu with Potatoes and Broccoli is a favorite around here!
One of my favorite way to enjoy vegetables is to roast them until they’re browned and caramelized. It gives them so much flavor and it’s really easy to do!
What Is A Sheet Pan Dinner? Sheet Pan Dinner Tips
A sheet pan dinner is a dinner that is cooked all together on one sheet pan at the same time. It can save time and dishes, which is great! Here are a few tips I have on how to make a great sheet pan dinner:
- Choose ingredients that all have the same cook time. You could take one of the ingredients out early or not add it until later, but I think it’s ideal when everything goes in and comes out at the same time.
- How big or small you cut your ingredients matters! For example, in this recipe I cut my potatoes pretty small and my broccoli florets a little larger so they would both have the same cook time. If my potatoes were bigger I probably would have had to take the broccoli out and leave the potatoes in for longer.
- Don’t overcrowd your pan! If you put all your ingredients too close together or on top of each other they are likely to just steam instead of get browned and caramelized, which is what you want! If you need to make a huge dinner, think about getting a bigger sheet pan or doing it in two rounds.
Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu Recipe Ingredients & Substitutions
- Broccoli – I love roasted broccoli so that is what I chose to use. You could also do Brussels sprouts, asparagus or cauliflower if you prefer. I like broccoli because it’s easy to prep, is delicious when roasted and goes with the potatoes and tofu well.
- Potatoes – I used very small baby yellow potatoes and I cut them in half. Potatoes can take longer to roast sometimes so I wanted to make sure they were on the small size so they would be done at the same time as the broccoli and tofu. You can use any kind of potato you like, just make sure to dice them into small pieces if you’re using a large potato.
- Potato Seasonings – I seasoned my potatoes with granulated garlic, fresh rosemary and fresh thyme. Olive oil, salt and pepper is good enough though if you don’t have any fresh/dried herbs!
- Tofu – I used super firm, high protein, tofu that I bought at Trader Joe’s. It’s my favorite kind because I don’t have to press it. If you can’t find that, use extra firm tofu and make sure to press as much liquid out of it as you can.
- Tofu Sauce – I wanted to make the tofu crispy and give it some flavor, so before putting it on the sheet pan I tossed it in a mixture of olive oil, tamari, maple syrup, granulated garlic, granulated onion, paprika, salt and corn starch. The corn starch is what makes it crispy!
- BBQ Sauce – I just used a bottled BBQ sauce that I bought at the grocery store.
- Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper – I seasoned both the broccoli and potatoes with salt and pepper and tossed them with olive oil to help get them nice and browned while roasting.
How To Make Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu with Potatoes and Broccoli
Sheet pan meals are great because there are only a few steps!
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 425 degrees F and getting out your large sheet pan.
- Prepare the broccoli: cut the broccoli into florets. I cut mine slightly larger than I normally do because I want them to get burned before the potatoes we’re finished. Add the broccoli to the sheet pan and drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss until everything is coated and place together in the middle (or on one side) of the sheet pan.
- Prepare the potatoes: Dice your potatoes in half (if using small baby potatoes) or dice your potatoes into small chunks (if using bigger potatoes). Add the potatoes to a bowl and drizzle with olive and season with the rosemary, thyme, granulated garlic and salt and pepper. Toss until everything is coated and then add your potatoes to the sheet pan next to the broccoli.
- Prepare your tofu: I sliced my tofu into triangles but you can cut yours any way you like. To a medium sized bowl, add the olive oil, tamari, maple syrup, granulated garlic and onion, paprika and salt. Whisk together and then add in your tofu. Carefully stir everything together so that the tofu is completely coated with the mixture. Sprinkle the corn starch in over the tofu and gently stir until the tofu is coated with the corn starch. Place the tofu onto the sheet pan next to the broccoli and potatoes.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the potatoes and broccoli. Flip each piece of tofu over and then spoon a little bit of BBQ sauce on top of each piece. Place back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until potatoes and broccoli are fork tender and tofu is crispy. Enjoy!
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe vegan? Yes!
- Is this recipe gluten free? Yes! Just make sure to use gluten free tamari
- Can I just mix the potatoes and broccoli together? Sure!
- Can I use tempeh instead of tofu? Yes, I would just make sure the tempeh is cut into thin pieces because it’s a little heavier than tofu.
- How should I store the leftovers? I would store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days. Re-heat in the microwave or oven.
- The tofu and broccoli are cooked through but the potatoes are still hard? You really need to make sure your potatoes are cut into small pieces to ensure that everything is ready together.
Have a question that I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Easy Dinner Ideas?
I hope you all enjoy this sheet pan meal as much as I do! Happy Valentine’s Day <3Print