This Vegan Alfredo Pasta with Crispy Chickpeas is made with cauliflower making it a healthy and light dish that’s also cozy and comforting!
Happy Monday! I really meant to have this Vegan Alfredo Pasta with Crispy Chickpeas up last Thursday but then I got a little lazy and decided going to bed early was much needed. So sorry about that! It’s here now though and I think you are going to love it!
Last Monday I posted this Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce recipe and it’s been one of our favorites around here lately. It’s easy to make, much lighter than dairy Alfredo sauce and much healthier too!
I’m embarrassed to admit that I’ve been stuck in a dinner rut lately and pasta has been one of my regular go-to’s. We do a lot of red sauce pasta because it’s so convenient, but I usually prefer a white sauce or pesto sauce on mine.
I especially like a white cream sauce on my pasta this time of year. To me, it’s so much more comforting and cozy than red sauce. I’m loving living somewhere that actually gets cold in the winter and find myself craving more comfort foods these days.
Another thing I love about this Vegan Alfredo Pasta with Crispy Chickpeas is that it’s packed with cauliflower but some people would never even know! My son loved this meal and it was so nice to know he was getting some good servings of veggies while eating it. He also loves baked chickpeas so I had to add some to the top of texture and extra protein 🙂
Recipe tips for Vegan Alfredo Pasta with Crispy Chickpeas:
- This meal is best served immediately after cooking. If you need to reheat it to enjoy later I would recommend adding in a little almond milk to loosen it up a little.
- You can stir the chickpeas into the big pot of pasta but I prefer to top individual portions with it so that the chickpeas retain their crispiness.
- I like to use a large baking sheet to roast the chickpeas and a large pot for making the pasta.
This Vegan Alfredo Pasta with Crispy Chickpeas is perfect for a lighter version of a comfort food classic!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, patted dry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt, to taste
- 16 ounces your favorite pasta
- 1 1/2 cups peas, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chickpeas on a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika and salt. Bake chickpeas until crispy, 15-20 minutes, stirring once.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat and add pasta. Add the peas to the boiling water when pasta is almost finished cooking. Drain pasta and add back to the pot.
- Stir in 2 cups of Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce and add salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy immediately and top each separate portion with desired amount of crispy chickpeas. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
*This post contains affiliate links, thank you for supporting She Likes Food!