This Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is a delicious and healthy pasta sauce that also happens to be vegan and nut free!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I feel like this time of year is harder to stick to a healthy diet because it’s all about rich comfort foods and holiday treats. Which is exactly why I like to make healthier comfort foods that still taste rich and delicious! This Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is just that 🙂
I’ve made it a few times now and my husband, who I’m sure doesn’t love cauliflower, went back for seconds and my two year old gobbled it up too!
I have to admit that cauliflower isn’t super high up there on my list of vegetables that I love, but you might be surprised at what a creamy sauce it can make!
Cauliflower is in the mustard family so it can pack a little bit of a bite sometimes, but I find that once it’s cooked until tender and loaded up with spices you can’t really taste the strong flavor anymore.
I love putting this Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce on pasta (I have a Crispy Chickpea Alfredo Pasta coming up on Thursday!) but it would also be great in any recipe that calls for a white sauce. A month or so ago I also used cauliflower to make this Creamy Cauliflower Queso Dip which would be great on nachos on on top of burritos!
I used almond milk in my Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce because that’s always my go-to non-dairy milk, but this sauce is so easy to make nut free by just using a nut free non-dairy milk. There are so many awesome vegan “cheese” sauces out there but most of them contain nuts, which I know isn’t ideal for everyone. So, if you’re looking for a nut free vegan cheese sauce, this will be perfect for you!
Recipe tips for this Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce:
- In order to get the sauce super creamy I recommend using a high powered blender. I love my Vitamix!
- Nutritional yeast is an ingredient in this recipe that really gives it a nice cheesy flavor, so I wouldn’t recommend leaving it out!
- If you need to re-heat this recipe, I would recommend adding a little non-dairy milk to help it stay creamy.
- I have a recipe coming on Thursday using this Alfredo sauce in some pasta but you can use it however you like!
This Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is perfect for topping pasta with! It’s also a delicious nut free and vegan cheese sauce alternative!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, non-dairy
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Steam cauliflower florets in a large pot until fork tender.
- Add butter and garlic to a small pan and sautée until garlic is cooked through, about 1 minute.
- To a high powdered blender, add steamed cauliflower, melted butter and garlic and all remaining ingredients. Blend until creamy 1-2 minutes.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe makes approximately 2 cups of Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 747 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
*Nutritional facts are calculated using myfitnesspal.com and may vary depending on brand of ingredients you use.
**This post contains affiliate links, thank you so much for helping to support She Likes Food!