This delicious Vegan Tomato Pesto Pizza is made with just 5 ingredients from Trader Joe’s and comes together so quickly! It’s perfect for an easy lunch or dinner.
Are you enjoying my Trader Joe’s 5 Ingredient Series?? I hope so because I have been having fun coming up with these recipes! I have also added a section below on how you can make this Vegan Tomato Pesto Pizza if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby.
I love pizza, but it’s not always the healthiest choice when you order it out. This 5 Ingredient Vegan Tomato Pesto Pizza is made with healthy ingredients so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating it! I like to pair it with a big salad for a fun and filling weeknight dinner.
Vegan Tomato Pesto Pizza Ingredients
- Trader Joe’s Pizza Crust – Trader Joe’s has a few different options for pre-made pizza crusts, as well as ready to use pizza dough. I liked this particular one because it reminded me of a flatbread pizza. There is also a nice round one in the freezer section, as well as a cauliflower crust. You can use whatever crust you prefer.
- Tomato Basil Marinara – Trader Joe’s has all kind of different tomato bases sauces. I like marinara for pizza and love it when there’s extra basil added in for flavor.
- Vegan Kale, Cashew & Basil Pesto – This pesto is really good! It’s creamy and flavorful and goes perfectly with the fresh tomatoes used on the pizza.
- Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds – Trader Joe’s has about 2-3 different kinds of vegan cheese. I chose this particular one because it’s based off of mozzarella which is the perfect pizza cheese. I don’t usually enjoy vegan cheese but I like this one!
- Mini San Marzano Plum Tomatoes – These tomatoes are amazing! I love all cherry/plum tomatoes but this kind is perfectly sweet and juicy and great for topping your pizza with. If they aren’t in season at your local Trader Joe’s you can easily use a different kind of tomato.
How To Make This Easy Tomato Pesto Pizza
I’ve designed all of these Trader Joe’s 5 Ingredient Recipes to be easy, but this one might be the easiest so far!
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 425 degrees F. Next, slice your tomatoes in half and place your pizza crust on a large baking sheet.
- Spread desired amount of marinara sauce over your crust and then top with a few handfuls of shredded cheese.
- Add the tomatoes and then spoon the pesto in little dollops all over the top of the pizza.
- Bake pizza until cheese is melted (you may have to broil for a few minutes since it’s vegan cheese) and pizza crust is crispy. Slice and enjoy! I added a few sprigs of basil from the garden for garnish but it’s not necessary.
Vegan Pesto Pizza Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use regular cheese and regular pesto? Of course!
- Can I add additional vegetables to the pizza? Yes! Just make sure to add veggies that will cook quickly on the pizza or that are pre-cooked.
- Can I freeze this pizza? I haven’t tried it myself but I would think it would freeze fine. You might want to freeze it before you bake it.
- How should I store leftovers? I would store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- How should I re-heat leftovers? I would suggest in the microwave for 2-3 minutes or in the oven until heated through.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I’ll get back to you ASAP!
How To Make This Tomato Pesto Pizza If You Don’t Have a Trader Joe’s
- Make your own homemade pizza crust, or buy a pre-made pizza crust at the grocery store. Pretty much all grocery stores should sell pre-made packaged pizza crusts. You could also use flatbread or even pita or naan bread as the base.
- Buy your favorite marinara or tomato sauce and your favorite vegan shredded cheese.
- I have seen bottled vegan pesto at the grocery store, but if you’re having trouble finding it, you can use my favorite Vegan Pesto Recipe.
- It may be hard to find Mini San Marzano Plum Tomatoes, but you should be able to find cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes at any grocery store. You could also use thinly sliced Roma tomatoes.
Looking For More 5 Ingredient Trader Joe’s Vegan Recipes?
Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry with VegetablesPrint
Vegan Tomato Pesto Pizza
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-8 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This Vegan Tomato Pesto Pizza uses minimal ingredients and takes no time at all to make! Perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Pizza Crust (you can make two large pizzas or save the other crust for another time)
- Trader Joe’s Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
- Trader Joe’s Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale, Cashew & Basil Pesto
- Trader Joe’s Mini San Marzano Plum Tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet.
- Spread desired amount of marinara sauce over the crust and top with a few handfuls of the shredded cheese.
- Top with sliced tomatoes and then add small spoonfuls of the pesto all over the pizza.
- Bake pizza until crust is crispy and cheese is melted (you may have to put the oven on broil for a few minutes since it’s vegan cheese.
- Remove pizza from the oven, slice into pieces and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegan
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Tomato Pesto Pizza
David Noel says
Izzy this was fantastic. I picked up all the ingredients to make this along with a salad. My husband loved it! The pesto was really good! Thanks for the great recipe idea. Will definitely be having this on hand for those nights I need a quick dinner!
She Likes Food says
Yah! So glad you liked it! I try to always have these ingredients on hand too 🙂