A delicious quick and easy recipe that is really versatile too!
This is my new favorite quick and easy meal! I’ve only been to New Orleans once but red beans and rice has always been a favorite of mine. I usually already have all of the ingredients on hand and it’s a really versatile dish.
You can eat a big bowl of it with a few fun garnishes (like I did!), you can eat it with chips, stuff it into a taco or burrito, put it over nachos, make a taco salad with it, or stuff it into some enchiladas. Really, the possibilities are endless!
I’ve just recently started making cauliflower rice more and it goes perfectly in this 30 Minute Red Beans and Cauliflower Rice dish. My husband was a little weary when I told him what I was making, but after a few bites his exact words were, “This is delicious!”. I call that a dinner win!
However you decide to eat this Red Beans and Cauliflower Rice, I hope you enjoy it!Print
A quick and easy dinner that can be enjoyed so many different ways!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, or oil of your choice
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large head of cauliflower, makes about 3 cups of cauliflower rice
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more if desired
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, tomato, etc…
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook for 2 minutes and then add celery and green pepper. Cook until vegetables are softened, 3-5 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, roughly chop cauliflower and throw it all into the food processor. Process until rice like, 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice, beans and seasonings to the pan, stir until combined, and cook until cauliflower is tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 558 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 0