This avocado pesto takes these quesadillas to the next level and makes them a delicious quick and easy dinner!
Just like that it’s July and it’s almost my baby’s first birthday! I’m so not ready, but I guess it has to happen sooner or later, but later would be nice 🙂 It also happens to be the first Thursday of the month with means 30 Minute Thursday! Make sure to check out the other delicious 30 minute dinner recipes from some awesome bloggers at the bottom of the post!
We eat a lot of quesadillas in this house, but most of them are just tortillas and cheese and usually account for second dinner 🙂 But this avocado pesto just took quesadillas to the next level.
Guys, this pesto is SO good!! Like, eat it out of the food processor with a spoon good. It’s also a great seasonal way to kick up your quesadilla game. And, they’re so easy to make which is a must these days.
You just need about 20 minutes and you’ve got a dinner that will satisfy pretty much anyone. This is the perfect summer meal to me, there’s basil, tomatoes, one pan and only about 25 minutes.Print
You won’t be able to stop eating these delicious and seasonal quesadillas!
- Large tortillas, gluten free or regular
- Shredded cheese, I used mozzarella
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
- 1 large avocado, pitted and scooped out
- 1 handful basil leaves, about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add all the pesto ingredients to a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray, if not non-stick. Spread half a tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons pesto and then top with sliced tomato (optional) and a handful of shredded cheese.
- Cook quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on each side, until tortilla is browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with each additional quesadilla.
I left the ingredient amount open because you can make as few or as many as you would like.
*Not all recipes are vegetarian but some can be easily adapted
Cheesy Beef Tortellini Skillet by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles by Kristine’s Kitchen
Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho with Chimichurri Sauce by Floating Kitchen
Grilled Fig, Bacon, and Arugula Flatbread Pizza by Flavor the Moments
Mexican Quinoa Salad by Life Made Sweeter
Southwestern Grilled Turkey Burgers (Freezer) by Sweet Peas & Saffron
One Pot Pasta Primavera by The Recipe Rebel
Shrimp Quesadillas with Avocado Cream by Bake.Eat.Repeat.