These Bean and Cheese Tostadas are so quick and easy to make! They are a must for adding into your weekly meal rotation and the whole family is sure to love them!
If you’ve been eyeing my Homemade Refried Bean recipe from last week, you are sure to love thisBean and Cheese Tostada Recipe! They’re quick and easy to make and they are a great choice for an easy weeknight dinner!
I’m not exaggerating when I say that I could be happy eating bend and cheese for the rest of my life! Beans are one of the healthiest foods out there and they happen to pair very well with cheese and crispy tortillas!
Bean and Cheese Tostada Recipe Ingredients
- Tostada Shells – You want to use crispy tostada shells for this recipe. You can make your own by either frying or baking corn tortillas. If you want to make sure they’re low in fat, baking them in the oven with a small amount of cooking spray will work great. I just bought mine at the grocery store though and they are perfectly crisp!
- Refried Beans – I used my homemade refried bean recipe for these tostadas because they add a lot of flavor but store-bought will work great too! You can use pinto or black refried beans.
- Shredded Cheese – I shredded a block of extra sharp white cheddar because I love the flavor, but any kind of cheese will work! If you want to be more traditional, you could use queso asadero. If vegan, you can use vegan cheese or just omit the cheese and add extra toppings!
- Toppings – The tostadas only have beans and cheese on them so I like to add some fun toppings! A few topping suggestions: guacamole, pico de Gallo, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, tomato, onion, cilantro, black olives, etc…
How To Make These Easy Bean and Cheese Tostadas
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 425 degrees F. Lay your tostada shells on a large baking sheet and evenly spread each one with your refried beans. Sometimes the canned refried beans are a little hard to spread, so you may need to add a little bit of warm water and mix them up to help with that.
- Next, evenly sprinkle your shredded cheese on the top of the beans and then place tostadas in the oven. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-15 minutes.
- Allow tostadas to cool for a few minutes and then load them up with your favorite toppings!
Tostada Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these tostadas gluten free? Yes! Just make sure to use gluten free corn tostada shells.
- Is this recipe vegan? No, I used regular cheese but it can easily be made vegan by using vegan cheese.
- Can I use black refried beans? Of course!
- Can I make these tostadas ahead of time? They are best just a few minutes after you take them out of the oven. The tostada shell will get soggy if you let them sit overnight. But, they don’t take long to make so there is really no need to make them ahead of time!
Have a question that I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Easy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes?
Spicy Edamame Stir Fry with Tofu
Korean Inspired Tofu Bowls with VegetablesPrint
Bean and Cheese Tostadas
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
These Bean and Cheese Tostadas are quick and easy to make! They’re packed with protein and perfect for a vegetarian weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
- 8 tostada shells
- 2 3/4 cup refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Optional toppings: guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, etc…
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Lay your tostada shells down on a large sheet pan and spread each one with about 1/3 cup refried beans. Top with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese and place baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake tostadas until cheese is melted and bubbly, 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Top tostadas with favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegetarian
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Bean and Cheese Tostadas
Leave a Reply