These Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps are a great healthy, plant based lunch that can be made ahead of time and taken on the go! They’re great for work lunches, hikes, picnics and more. The caesar dressing is made using tahini and goes so well with the seasoned chickpeas. Make with romaine lettuce or kale!
I have been loving making wraps lately and these Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps have been on my mind for a while now. Wraps are great because you can stuff them with all kinds of ingredients and you don’t have to worry about anything falling out of the bottom. These Chickpea Caesar Salad wraps are my vegetarian version of a chicken Caesar salad wrap and I hope you enjoy them!
Rolling up wraps that are full of lots of ingredients can be a little tricky, so here are some tips that I have:
- Heat your tortilla before using. This will allow the wrap to fold much easier and it will have less of a chance of breaking in the process. I usually heat mine for a couple seconds in a hot pan or in the microwave.
- Don’t overfill your wraps. It’s easy to pile your wrap high with fillings while you’re assembling it, but it will be much easier to roll up if you go easy on the toppings. If you don’t want to sacrifice your amount of toppings, try to find a larger tortilla to use!
- Use parchment paper or foil to help you wrap it up. If you aren’t super confident in your wrap rolling skills, you can always lay a piece of parchment paper down on the bottom to help roll everything up so that it stays together better.
Why You’ll Love These Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps!
- They’re great for on the go – Wraps are great because, if wrapped well, nothing should fall out of the bottom when you’re eating them. They are also easy to wrap in foil and throw in your bag for on the go eating.
- They are easily customizable – I used pretty simple, traditional, Caesar salad ingredients in these wraps, but you can easily add other veggies like onion or tomato if you like.
- They’re flavorful and refreshing – Caesar salad is one of my favorites because the flavors are always bright and fresh. The romaine lettuce adds a nice crunch and nothing is too heavy in this recipe.
Chickpea Caesar Salad Wrap Recipe Ingredients
- Wraps – I like to use burrito size wraps because they’re large and able to hold a lot of ingredients. You can use whatever size tortilla you like. I used a regular wheat tortilla this time, but I also love the spinach and sun-dried tomato wraps you can usually find in the tortilla section at the grocery store.
- Romaine Lettuce – Romaine lettuce is the kind of lettuce traditionally used in a Caesar salad recipe. It’s light and crunchy and one of my favorites. You could also use kale instead of you like, or a mix of kale and romaine.
- Caesar Dressing – I used my homemade tahini caesar dressing (linked below) for these wraps but you can use any kind of caesar dressing you prefer. Store-bought or homemade will work perfectly.
- Parmesan Cheese – I added some big shavings of fresh parmesan to my wraps. You could also shake in some grated parmesan (the kind you put on pizza). If making dairy free, you can omit the parmesan or use a vegan version.
- Croutons – I love the crunch and flavor of croutons so I had to add them to these wraps. I usually use store-bought croutons and then crush them up a little bit so they are easier to bite into.
- Chickpeas – The chickpeas take the place of the chicken in these Caesar salad wraps. I like to cooking mine in some oil with paprika, garlic and onion powder and salt. It gives them great flavor and makes them a little bit crispy.
- Avocado – Avocado is not traditional in a Caesar salad, but I like adding some smashed avocado to these wraps because it helps keep the chickpeas in place. The avocado is an optional ingredient.
How To Make Vegetarian Caesar Salad Wraps
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas and then pat them dry. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a couple teaspoons of olive oil. Next, add in the chickpeas, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Mix everything together and let cook until chickpeas are warmed through and getting crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Add your chopped romaine lettuce to a medium sized bowl and toss with about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of the caesar dressing. Next, add in the parmesan cheese and croutons and give another quick mix.
- Lay your wrap on a clean, flat surface. Spread the bottom with a big spoonful of the mashed avocado and then top with about 1/3 of the chickpeas. Top the chickpeas with a few big spoonfuls of the Caesar salad mix and carefully fold the sides of the wrap in and roll up tightly. I like to place my wrap, fold side down, in a hot pan with a little cooking spray to help seal everything in, it’s totally optional though. Cut wrap in half and enjoy!
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these Caesar salad wraps vegan? I did add some regular parmesan cheese to mine, but all of the other ingredients are vegan. If not using my vegan caesar tahini dressing, you can use your favorite vegan caesar dressing.
- Can these wraps be made gluten free? Yes, just use GF croutons and wraps.
- Can these wraps be made ahead of time? They can be made ahead of time, but keep in mind that they are filled with lettuce that has been tossed with dressing, so the lettuce may wilt if you make them too far in advance. A couple hours should be good though!
- Can I use my own caesar dressing? Of course! You can use whatever kind of caesar dressing you like for these wraps.
- What should they be served with? I enjoy these wraps with a side of chips or fries.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Grab and Go Vegetarian Wrap Recipes?Print