This Vegan Caesar Dressing is made with tahini as the base and it’s so flavorful! It’s perfect for all your Caesar salad needs and it’s easy to make!
If you’ve been around here for a while, you know that I love using tahini in my recipes and I love making my own salad dressings! I’ve been working on this Vegan Caesar Dressing for a while and it’s so creamy and flavorful.
Tahini is such a great base for dairy free salad dressing recipes because it’s creamy but has a pretty mild flavor so it doesn’t completely take over the taste of the dressing. It does add a little bit of a taste though, so make sure you like tahini before making this recipe 🙂
Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe Ingredients
- Tahini – I love using tahini as a creamy element when making vegan salad dressings. Tahini is a sesame seed paste used frequently in middle eastern cuisine. I like to use tahini made with toasted sesame seeds. I’ve found that depending on the brand of tahini you use, it can have a mild flavor or be a little bitter and some tahini brands are also runnier than others. My current favorite brand is the Trader Joe’s tahini. It has a great mild flavor and there isn’t a dry layer on the bottom of the bottle like some have.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice is important in this recipe! If fresh lemons are available to you, I always recommend using them rather than the bottled lemon juice you can find at the grocery store.
- Garlic – This is one of those recipes where you can use as much or as little garlic as you like. I like using about 2-3 cloves because I love my garlic! You want to use fresh garlic cloves, rather than pre-minced jarred garlic.
- Nutritional Yeast – Nutritional yeast helps to add a nice creamy or cheesy flavor to the dressing.
- Dijon Mustard – You want to make sure you use dijon mustard and not regular yellow mustard.
- Miso Paste – I use a light yellow miso paste, it gives a nice salty flavor that kinda mimics the anchovy flavor.
- Capers – I like to use both the actual caper and a little bit of the juice from the caper jar.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste
How To Make Easy Tahini Caesar Dressing
This Vegan Caesar Dressing is so easy to make!
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, or food processor, and blend until a smooth, creamy dressing has formed.
- Depending on the consistency of your tahini (some brands are more runny and others are thicker) you may need to add extra water to the dressing. Tahini based dressings can also thicken up a little as they sit so you may need to add some extra water or lemon juice to thin the dressing out before serving.
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe gluten free? Yes!
- Is this vegan caesar dressing nut free? Yes, it is nut free because tahini is made with sesame seeds, which are not nuts. However, some people with tree nut allergies are also allergic to sesame seeds so do not make this dressing if you are allergic to seeds.
- How long does this dressing stay good in the refrigerator? Make sure to store dressing in an airtight container and it should keep well for 8-10 days.
- What can I use this Vegan Caesar Dressing on? Obviously it goes great on a Caesar salad! Other recipe ideas would be a caesar pasta salad, dipping sauce for veggies or crackers, dressing for a buddha bowl or a spread for flatbread.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Delicious Tahini Recipes?
Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce with Tahini
Chopped Kale Power Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
Creamy Broccoli Salad with Curry Tahini DressingPrint
Vegan Caesar Dressing with Tahini
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This Vegan Caesar Dressing is made with tahini so it’s extra creamy and super flavorful!
- 3/4 cups tahini
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Scant 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons juice from capers jar
- 3 teaspoons light yellow miso paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, I like to use cracked black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender, or food processor, and blend until a creamy dressing is formed, about 1 minute.
- Depending on the consistency of your tahini, you may need to add a little bit more water or lemon juice to thin the dressing out. Some brands of tahini are thicker than others.
- Store dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 8-10 days.
Recipe makes about 2 cups of dressing. Serving size is 2 tablespoons
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Condiment, Vegan
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Caesar Dressing
Leave a Reply