This Chunky Cucumber Salsa is incredibly refreshing and flavorful! It goes great with chips, in tacos and with various proteins.
I somehow managed to get a huge tomato crop this year so I’ve been eating a lot of them lately. This Chunky Cucumber Salsa Recipe is a great way to put your summer tomato and cucumbers to use!
This cucumber salsa recipe is very similar to a pico de Gallo recipe, but it has some added cucumbers in it. Cucumbers are so cool and refreshing that they add a nice pop to any salsa recipe!
Chunky Cucumber Salsa Recipe Ingredients
- Tomato – I had a bunch of garden tomatoes that I needed to use up and they worked great for this recipe. Any regular sized, or even cherry/grape tomatoes will work as well.
- Cucumber – I love using the seedless English/hothouse cucumbers because their skin is thin and not waxy and the seeds are much smaller than in regular cucumbers. Any cucumbers will work though!
- Onion – I like to use white onion in my salsa recipes because I find it super crunchy and pretty mild in flavor, as far as onions go.
- Cilantro – I don’t really measure the cilantro, I just grab a big handful and chop it up. If you don’t like cilantro you could substitute parsley, mint or another herb of your choice.
- Garlic – I’m a garlic lover so I put 3 cloves in, but just use however much you prefer. Garlic powder would work for this recipe if you don’t have fresh, but I would really encourage using fresh!
- Jalapeno – I added one small jalapeño from the garden, but you can make this cucumber salsa as spicy as you like. You could also use pickled jalapeños instead of fresh ones.
- Lime Juice – Fresh lime juice makes this cucumber salsa so good and fresh tasting. If you don’t have limes you could always substitute lemon juice or even white vinegar in a pinch.
- Salt and Cumin – I like to add a little bit of cumin to give the salsa a southwestern flavor. I also add salt, to taste.
How To Make Easy Cucumber Salsa
This Cucumber Salsa Recipe is so easy to make and just requires some chopping!
- Once you have all your ingredients prepped, add them all to a large bowl and mix until combined. That’s it!
- You can store your salsa in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 4-5 days.
The best recipes tips I can give you to make the best cucumber salsa recipe would be:
- Make sure to use all fresh ingredients. The salsa will stay good longer if you use ingredients that are fresh and won’t go bad quickly.
- Once you’re finished mixing everything together make sure to give the salsa a taste and add extra salt, lemon juice, garlic, etc if it needs it.
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe vegan? Yes!
- Is this cucumber salsa recipe gluten free? Yes!
- Is this really just cucumber pico de Gallo? Yes, it is very similar to a pico de Gallo recipe, except for adding the cucumber. I chose to call it chunky cucumber salsa though because the cucumber addition is not traditional in pico de Gallo. You can call it whatever you want though!
- How should I use this cucumber salsa? I love to eat it with chips, on nachos, burritos, in bowls and so much more! It’s super fresh and delicious.
- How many servings does this recipe make? If each person has 1-2 large spoonfuls, it should serve 4-8 people.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Homemade Salsa Recipes?Print