This Fresh Homemade Salas is so easy to make and is perfect for all your chip dipping needs! It’s so refreshing and full of bright flavors.
I’m basically a chip and salsa addict so I have tried lots of salsas over the years 🙂 My favorite salsa ever will always be my dad’s recipe that he made famous in his restaurant. I love it because it’s so fresh and flavorful. I decided to make a slightly different version of it today, omitting the green pepper and using extra tomatoes. It think you all will love this Fresh Homemade Salsa Recipe!
This Fresh Homemade Salsa might not be as bright and red as other salsa recipes that used canned tomatoes, but I guarantee is has way more flavor! It’s kind of like a blended pico de Gallo and I could just eat it with a spoon 🙂
What You’ll Need For This Fresh Homemade Salsa Recipe
- Tomatoes – Unlike most red salsa recipes that use canned tomatoes, I use fresh tomatoes in this recipe. You want to make sure they’re ripe so they can add lots of flavor. Any tomato will work, I used just regular large red tomatoes for this recipe.
- Onion – I like to use white or yellow onion in this recipe because I find it to be a little milder than raw red onion. Red onion would work though!
- Garlic – I used two cloves of garlic because I LOVE garlic, but you can adjust it based on your taste.
- Cilantro – Fresh cilantro is really important in this recipe because it helps with the refreshing taste. I just threw a handful in without measuring. If you really really hate cilantro you can omit it. I wouldn’t sub with parsley or any other herb in a recipe like this.
- Pickled Jalapeños – The pickled jalapeños are the only ingredient in this recipe that isn’t “fresh”, but I find that they add so much more flavor than regular jalapeños, which just seem to add heat sometimes. I also like to add in about two tablespoons of the pickled jalapeño juice to give even more flavor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – You only need about a teaspoon but it’s an ingredient my dad always put in his so I use it in mine!
- Lime Juice – A little fresh lime juice is essential in all Mexican food recipes (ha!) so it’s great in this salsa to add a little bit of a kick.
- Salt – Salt is really important because it helps round out all the other strong flavors going on. You can salt to taste.
What I Love About Fresh Salsa!
I’m not knocking salsa that is made with canned tomatoes because lord knows I eat my fare share of it, but there’s just something so refreshing and flavorful about a fresh salsa recipe. I feel like the flavors are all so bright and just really come together and pop. It’s also super easy to make, all you do is roughly chop your ingredients, throw them in the blender and blend for just a few seconds!
Fresh salsa doesn’t last as long as other salsa recipes but, honestly, we eat a batch of this salsa in just a few days so we never have to worry about it going bad.
How To Enjoy Your Homemade Salsa Recipe
Enjoy other easy salsa recipes here:Print
This Fresh Homemade Salsa is so flavorful and easy to make!
- 3 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 large white or yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juice
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend just until salsa is broken down. I like mine a little chunky so I blended mine for just about 15 seconds. You can blend to desired chunkiness.
- Salsa stays good in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.