This Easy Chickpea Salad just has a few ingredients and is so fresh and flavorful! Eat it by itself or stuff it into some pita for a filling sandwich!
For me, Greek inspired food is a close second to Mexican food. I love that it’s light, flavorful and usually packed with lots of fresh ingredients. I tend to get carried away when making salads and put every vegetable I own into them, but I wanted to make this Easy Chickpea Salad for you today since I know not everyone has access to tons of vegetables right now.
Sometimes simple is better and I feel like you can really appreciate every ingredient in this Easy Chickpea Salad since there are only a few of them.
What You’ll Need To Make This Chickpea Salad Recipe
- Chickpeas – I guess that one goes without saying! I just use good quality canned chickpeas that I drain and then rinse well. You could also make your own using dried chickpeas.
- Tomato – I love cherry tomatoes in a recipe like this because they’re sweet and already bite sized. I used red cherry tomatoes but you could also use yellow or just dice up a regular sized tomato.
- Cucumber – Cucumber is such a classic flavor in greek salad recipes and it adds such a refreshing taste. I like to use hothouse cucumbers because they’re not as seedy or watery.
- Red Onion – I love the added crunch, strong taste and color of the red onion but you could also use yellow or white.
- Feta Cheese – The feta adds a nice creaminess and saltiness to this chickpea salad. If you don’t eat dairy you can leave it out or use a homemade Tofu Feta.
Fresh herbs are also great to add to your Easy Chickpea Salad if you have them on hand! My mint plant from last year has just started to come back and the fresh mint was so good in here. Other fresh herbs that would be good are dill, parsley, cilantro or basil.
I also love to serve this salad with my favorite Pan Fried Pita Bread Recipe. I just spoon a little bit of salad into each slice of pita and eat it like a sandwich. It’s so good!!
Easy Chickpea Salad
You are more than welcome to add any other veggies you have lying around into this salad! Red pepper and olives would be a great addition if you have them. I also top my salad with a super easy Greek style dressing to really help all the flavors come together. This Chickpea Salad is great for an easy lunch or afternoon snack!
Enjoy other delicious chickpea recipes here:Print
This Easy Chickpea Salad is fresh, flavorful and perfect for lunch!
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 small handful fresh herbs, such as mint, basil, cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Or, mix them together in a small jar or bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix again until everything is coated with the dressing.
- Enjoy salad by itself or eat with my favorite Pan Fried Pita Bread.
Chickpea Salad with stay good in the refrigerator for about 3 days.