Learn how to make delicious and Easy Roasted Vegetables! They’re perfect for using up older produce in your refrigerator and can be enjoyed as a side dish or mixed into rice and pasta.
Today we’re making delicious and Easy Roasted Vegetables! If you’re anything like me, you regularly find your refrigerator packed with random vegetables that you bought with good intentions but are now on their last leg 🙂 Instead of throwing them away, one of the easiest things to do is roast them up!
Roasted vegetables have such great flavor and can be enjoyed as a side dish or you can mix them into things like pasta, rice and Buddha bowls. This recipe is also very adaptable and you can use almost any vegetables you have on hand.
Easy Roasted Vegetable Recipe Ingredients
- Vegetables – The really great thing about this roasted vegetable recipe is that you can use almost any vegetables you like! That is why it’s perfect for using up those older veggies in your refrigerator. I used broccoli, carrots and Brussels sprouts because that’s what I happened to have and they are some of my favorites.
- Olive Oil – I love using olive oil on my roasted vegetables. I love the flavor and it really helps them caramelize which is important for developing that delicious roasted vegetable flavor. You can use any kind of oil you prefer though.
- Salt & Pepper – Salt and pepper are also really important for making these roasted vegetables taste great! Since there’s not many ingredients in this recipe you want to make sure that the vegetables are seasoned really well so don’t be shy with the salt and pepper!
- Seasonings & Herbs – I like to add some granulated garlic to my roasted vegetables for some extra flavor. You could also add other seasonings like, onion powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder, etc… Herbs are an optional ingredient in this recipe but if you have some on hand I would definitely recommend throwing them in! I used some fresh thyme leaves but rosemary would also be great. You can use fresh or dried.
How To Make Roasted Vegetables
Roasted Vegetables are so easy to make! There are only a few steps:
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 425 degrees F. You want it pretty hot in order for it to caramelize the vegetables. This step isn’t necessary, but I like to put the sheet pan in the oven while it’s pre-heating so you put the vegetables on the hot pan to get them cooking immediately.
- Next, wash and dice your vegetables. You want to make sure everything is similar sized, this will ensure that it will take the same amount of time for everything to be cooked through. I like to cut the broccoli into bite size florets, slice the Brussels sprouts in half and chop the carrots into little chunks.
- Add all the chopped vegetables to a bowl and then add in the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and herbs. Toss to make sure all vegetables are evenly coated with olive oil and all the seasonings.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven and pour all the vegetables on. Give it a little shake to make sure everything is evenly spread out and then place back in the oven. Roast vegetables until they’re browned and caramelized, about 30 minutes, flipping once.
Tips For Making The Perfect Roasted Vegetable Recipe
While making delicious roasted vegetables is really easy, here are a few tips for making them perfect:
- Heat up sheet pan before adding your veggies. I don’t always do this, but I do think it makes a little bit of difference. Just put the sheet pan in the oven when you start to pre-heat it and then add the veggies onto the already hot sheet pan. This allows for the veggies to start roasting immediately and helps them brown.
- Make sure all your veggies have the same cook time. You want to pick out vegetables that will all cook in the same amount of time. You don’t want some vegetables burned while others are still need extra time. If you really want to use vegetables with different cooking times, just start with the ones that take the longest and then add in the others 15 minutes or so later.
- Don’t overcrowd your pan. If you pile your pan high with veggies and they’re all crowded on there, they will steam rather than roast. They’ll end up cooked through but they won’t get that delicious caramelization that you want with roasted vegetables.
- Don’t skimp on oil or seasonings! There aren’t many ingredients in this recipe so the olive oil, salt and pepper are really the main things that season your vegetables. Don’t be afraid to add in other seasoning or herbs either to give an exciting kick to your roasted vegetables.
Roasted Veggie Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use different vegetables? Yes, just make sure they all have a similar baking time.
- Can I just use one type of vegetable? Yes!
- Can you freeze frozen vegetables? You can freeze them, but they really are best when they’re eaten right out of the oven or within a few days after. To freeze: freeze in an airtight container up to 3 months.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? You can cut up all the vegetables and toss them with the oil and seasonings up to 2 days in advance. Or, you can completely roast everything and store in the refrigerator for about 3 days before re-heating in the oven.
- How should I enjoy these roasted vegetables? You can enjoy them as a side dish or you can mix them into other meals like pasta, rice or buddha bowls.
Have a question that I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Easy Side Dish Recipes?Print