This Lemon Feta Cucumber Salad is easy to throw together and full of fresh summer flavors! It’s hearty and refreshing and can be served as a side dish or a healthy afternoon snack. The feta cheese is mashed with a fork, creating a nice creamy dressing for the cucumbers and chickpeas. Make this cucumber salad for Labor Day weekend and you won’t be disappointed!
Summer is coming to and end, but it’s still pretty warm out these days, so I’ve still been craving easy, no cook recipes that are packed with fresh veggies. This Lemon Feta Cucumber Salad is flavorful, refreshing and easy to throw together. Enjoy with warm pita bread or as a cold side dish.
Why You’ll Love This Fresh Cucumber Salad Recipe!
- No cooking required – All you need to do is chop up a few ingredients and mix them together to make this delicious and refreshing cucumber salad!
- It’s fresh and flavorful – If you’re growing cucumbers and fresh herbs in your garden this summer, this is the perfect way to use them up! The dressing is simple, which helps highlight the fresh cucumber and feta cheese.
- It’s great for an end of summer bbq – This cucumber salad is easy to throw together and goes great with a bag of pita chips. Bring it to a summer bbq or potluck and everyone will love it!
Lemon Feta Cucumber Salad Recipe Ingredients
- Cucumber – I like to use English, or hothouse, cucumbers for this salad because they have a thin skin and the seeds are smaller. You can use whatever kind of cucumbers you have though.
- Chickpeas – I love adding chickpeas for some extra protein and they go well with cucumbers and feta cheese.
- Feta Cheese – I used crumbled feta cheese, but a block of it would also work. You will use a fork to mash down the feta cheese and make it part of the salad dressing. Vegan feta cheese can also be used, Trader Joe’s has a good one.
- Lemon – I use fresh lemon juice for this salad. I prefer fresh juice to the bottled juice you can buy at the store, but that is just a personal preference.
- Olive Oil – I used extra virgin olive oil because I like the taste of it but any kind of oil can be used.
- Garlic – I love adding lots of fresh garlic, but garlic powder could also be used if you prefer a more mild garlic taste.
- Fresh Herbs – I used a mixture of dill, mint and parsley. I probably would have only used dill if I had more, but the combo worked great too. I also add a little bit of dried oregano, but fresh oregano could also be used.
How To Make Lemon Feta Cucumber Salad
- To a large bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic and feta cheese. Use a fork, or the back of a spoon, to mash the feta pieces up as small as you can get them. Mix everything together well.
- Next, add in the cucumber, red onion, chickpeas, fresh herbs and dried oregano. Mix until salad is well combined and then season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Salad can be served immediately or chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to allow everything to marinate together.
- Enjoy salad as a side dish, eat it with pita chips or warm pita, or mix it into pasta or rice to make it a full meal.
Cucumber Salad Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this salad gluten free? Yes!
- Is this salad vegan? No, I do use regular feta cheese for my recipe. You can easily use a vegan feta cheese substitute though.
- How should this cucumber salad be served? You can serve this salad as a side dish at a picnic or bbq, add it to noodles, rice or a salad or use as a dip for pita chips or warmed pita.
- How long do leftovers last? If stored in an airtight container, leftovers should last about 4 days.