This Orange Ginger Cranberry sauce is quick and easy to make and packed with so much flavor! It’s the perfect accompaniment for your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner!
I don’t know about you but cranberry sauce is a must have for both Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner at our house. It’s a small part of the meal but seems to go so well with everything else. This Orange Ginger Cranberry Sauce is easy to make and packed with so much flavor!
I know that a lot of people love the canned cranberry sauce, myself included, but it can be fun to make your own cranberry sauce from scratch. It’s super quick and easy to make and really helps balance out he heaviness of the holiday meal.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS ORANGE GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
- Cranberries – You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries for this recipe.
- Orange Juice and Zest – Orange and cranberry is such a classic flavor combo!
- Maple Syrup – You want to use pure maple syrup, not the pancake maple syrup. You could also substitute honey, agave syrup or brown rice syrup.
- Coconut Sugar – You can also use brown sugar or white, granulated sugar.
- Fresh Ginger – Fresh ginger gives such a nice flavor kick and goes so well with the tart cranberries.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
Homemade cranberry sauce is so easy to make! There’s basically just one step and it doesn’t need a lot of babysitting. It’s also an easy dish to make ahead of time and can even be frozen and thawed when ready to eat. I prefer my cranberry sauce to be cold or room temperature, but you can serve yours warm if you like.
- Add all cranberry sauce ingredients to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Let simmer and stir occasionally to help break down the cranberries.
- Cook until the cranberries have broken down and a sauce has formed. Let cool and serve.
Looking for more delicious Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes?