This Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Black Beans, Pomegranate and Avocado is healthy, filling and flavorful! Perfect for a delicious side dish!
I promise I didn’t mean to post two recipes in a row with sweet potatoes and black beans in them! I had a different recipe planned for today, but I decided at the very last minute that it needed a few changes, so you’ll get that one on Monday 🙂 It’s going to be good!
The other day my husband said that he thinks I just use the same ingredients over and over again in different ways. He might have a point, haha! This salad is really good though, so I hope you’ll forgive me!
This salad is great to eat for lunch, bring to a potluck or make for the Superbowl next week, if you’re into that 🙂 I’ve always hated football, but my husband is in love with it, so I’ve learned to tolerate it over the years and even know some of the football player’s names now haha 🙂
That being said, there’s two things I enjoy about the Superbowl: getting to eat lots of delicious appetizers and the fact that it signals the end of football season! Mostly the appetizer thing though 🙂
It’s always important to have something that contains beans and avocados and this Roasted Sweet Potato salad with Black Beans, Pomegranate and Avocado is a delicious and healthy version!Print
This hearty and delicious salad is is healthy and full of flavor!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil, or your favorite oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together cubed sweet potato, oil, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast sweet potato until fork tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Add the roasted sweet potato to a large bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Mix until combined. Salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to 2 days.*
Salad can be refrigerated for longer if the avocado is left out, about 4 days.