- 1 pound pasta, your favorite kind. I used brown rice pasta.
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 medium sized yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced in half moons
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small handful basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Once water is boiling, add in the pasta and cook according to directions.
- If you have a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini and the squash and roughly chop the “noodles” into smaller pieces. If you do not have a spirlaizer, chop the zucchini and squash into bite size pieces.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Throw in the zucchini, squash, red onion, and corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain out any water the appears and place vegetable mixture into a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta and add into the bowl along with the tomatoes.
- In a small bowl add all dressing ingredients and mix together. Pour dressing over pasta mixture and add more salt if needed. Top with chopped basil leaves and red pepper flakes, if desired. Add extra salt and pepper to taste