These Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Vegetables are great for an easy lunch or dinner! They’re very customizable and you can let everyone customize their own.
We love pizza and these Mini Tortilla Pizzas are perfect for an easy pizza night! Each person can help make their own pizza and add as many roasted veggies as they like. The veggies take some time in the oven, but once they’re done these pizzas are so easy to assemble!
Best Kind Of Tortillas To Use For A Tortilla Pizza
Tortilla Pizzas are pizzas that are made with a tortilla instead of a regular pizza crust. They’re very easy to make, but the kind of tortilla you use does make a difference!
For these Mini Tortilla Pizzas I used Mission brand mini street taco flour tortillas. I love them because they’re small so they can make single serve size pizzas, they’re a little thicker than a regular tortilla and they get nice and crispy in the oven. You can cut them into slices or you can just pick up the whole thing and enjoy it.
Mini Tortilla Pizza Ingredients
- Tortillas – As I said above, I really love to make these mini tortilla pizzas with Mission brand street taco flour tortillas. They’re nice and thick and they’re the perfect size for a single serve pizza. They get brown and crispy in the oven, which keeps them from getting soggy. Large flour tortillas will work well too, the thicker they are the better.
- Marinara Sauce – I love using Roa’s Homemade Sauce because I find it to be really flavorful and makes the pizza taste really good. For these mini tortilla pizzas I used the roasted garlic flavor and it was great!
- Mozzarella Cheese – Mozzarella cheese is classic pizza cheese and it worked great but you can use any kind of cheese you like. Vegan cheese would be great too.
- Pesto – I happened to have some vegan kale pesto from Trader Joe’s in the refrigerator so I threw some of that on top and it went really well with the roasted vegetables. The pesto is totally optional but I would recommend it!
- Roasted Vegetables – For the roasted vegetables, I used zucchini, yellow squash, onion, red and green bell pepper. These are usually my go to choices for roasted vegetables but you can easily customize this recipe based on your preferences. I roast the vegetables with some olive oil, salt and pepper but you are welcome to add any extra spices you like. Garlic powder or dried oregano would be great!
How To Make Tortilla Pizzas
Tortilla pizzas are so easy to make!
- Start by roasting your vegetables. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Dice up all your vegetables into small, bite size pieces. You just want to make sure they’re all around the same size. Add the vegetables to a large sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss everything together and make sure all the veggies are coated with oil. Spread vegetables out in a single layer and bake in the oven until they’re tender and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Lay the tortillas out on a large sheet pan and spread a couple of tablespoons of marinara sauce on them. Next, add a big spoonful of the roasted vegetables and top with shredded cheese and a few spoonfuls of pesto sauce.
- Place tortilla pizzas in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes and enjoy!
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Are these tortilla pizzas gluten free? No, but you could make them gluten free by using gluten free tortillas. They may not crisp up as much as these mini flour tortillas but they would still taste good!
- Is this recipe vegan? No, but you can easily make it vegan by using vegan cheese or omitting the cheese.
- Can I make these ahead of time and freeze them? Yes, I would recommend preparing the recipe up until the step you place them in the oven and then put them in the freezer in a single layer until frozen and then you can store them stacked in a freezer bag or freezer friendly container for up to 6 months. You can bake them from frozen at 425 for about 25 minutes.
- Can I use different vegetables than the recipe calls for? Of course, you can use any kind of vegetables you like!
- How long will the leftovers keep in the refrigerator? Store in an airtight container and they will stay good for about 4 days. Re-heat in the oven for maximum crispness, or the microwave.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Fun Vegetarian Pizza Recipes?
Vegetarian Chili Cornbread PizzaPrint