This Sesame Crunch Salad with Rice and Tofu is easy to make, super flavorful and so filling! Enjoy it for an easy lunch or dinner that you can feel good about eating.
I have another delicious 4 Ingredient Trader Joe’s Recipe for you today! I’ve been eating this Sesame Crunch Salad with Rice and Tofu for a few weeks now so I figured I should share it with you. As always, it is made with just 5 simple ingredients, all from Trader Joe’s grocery store.
This Sesame Crunch Salad uses 3 of the same ingredients as my Teriyaki Tofu Stir Fry I posted a few weeks ago, but I promise it’s completely different!
Sesame Crunch Salad Recipe Ingredients
- Trader Joe’s Sesame Crunch Chopped Salad Kid – This is my favorite salad kit that I’ve ever had! It’s a mix of cabbage, carrots, kale and bok choy with a really delicious ginger sesame dressing. It also includes a little packet of sesame sticks, cashews and nori seaweed flakes. This makes the salad so nice and crunchy!
- Trader Joe’s Super Firm Extra Protein Tofu – This is the tofu that I always use because it’s super firm and I only have to pat it dry, rather than spend some time pressing it.
- Soyaki Sauce – I’ve been using this soyaki sauce all the time since I discovered it! It goes really well with tofu.
- Trader Joe’s Microwavable Organic Jasmine Rice – I’ve also been obsessed with this rice lately! It only takes 3 minutes to cook and it’s perfect fluffy rice every single time.
- Fresh Cilantro – The salad mix didn’t have cilantro in it and I love a big handful of fresh cilantro in my Asian style salads. If you don’t like cilantro you could choose another herb or just leave it out.
How To Make Sesame Crunch Salad with Rice and Tofu
As always, this recipe is super easy to make!
- I start by microwaving the rice. I like to do this first because I want to to be cooled down by the time I add it to the salad mixture. Microwave bag for 3 minutes and the rice is perfectly cooked!
- Then, cook your tofu. Pat the tofu dry and cut it into cubes, or break it into chunks with your fingers. Add a small amount of olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat. Add tofu, stir and cook for a few minutes until starting to brown.
- Next, pour the Soyaki sauce in. I don’t usually measure this step, you just want enough to be able to fully coat the tofu. Stir everything together and cook for another 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dump the salad mix into a large bowl and pour the dressing over. Mix until combined and then add the cooled rice, mix again. Add in the tofu and then a big handful of chopped cilantro and the sesame stick and nori mix. Mix everything together and enjoy!
How To Make This Sesame Crunch Salad Without A Trader Joe’s
If you don’t have access to a Trader Joe’s, don’t worry, you can still enjoy a very similar salad!
- Almost every grocery store these days has a packaged Asian style salad mix. They’re usually made up of cabbage and other veggies and they include a package of dressing and some peanuts or fried wonton strips.
- You should also be able to find extra firm tofu at most grocery stores. I would suggest pressing your tofu for at least 20 minutes if you’re using one that is packed in water (most are).
- For the Soyaki sauce, you can make my super easy Stir Fry Sauce and just pour it over the tofu once it’s almost finished cooking. It will thicken up nicely.
- You can make your own rice and are welcome to use any kind of rice or other grain that you enjoy.
Sesame Crunch Salad Frequently Asked Questions
- How many servings does this salad make? About 2 large portions or 3-4 smaller portions.
- How should I store my salad? I would store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
- Should this salad be eaten room temperature or cold? It’s up to you! I usually eat a serving immediately after I make it and then I refrigerate the rest and eat it cold.
Have a question that I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comments below and I”ll get back you to ASAP!