This Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes is a delicious and easy vegan dinner that highlights late summer produce! It’s made on just one sheet pan and the gnocchi is perfectly crispy.
I planted a lot of veggies in the garden this summer but the only things that are producing much are my zucchini and cherry tomato plants. I can’t complain though because they’re my two favorite summer veggies. This Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes is a super easy and delicious vegan dinner that is perfect for savoring those summer flavors.
I’ve been really unmotivated to cook dinner these days, so I’m loving meals with just a few ingredients and not a lot of clean up required. I hope you all love this meal as much as I do 🙂
Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Zucchini & Cherry Tomatoes Ingredients and Substitutions
- Gnocchi – Fresh gnocchi would be great in this recipe, but packaged gnocchi is usually much easier to find so that is what I used here. It roasts up really nicely with a little bit of olive oil and there is no need to boil it first. You can use regular gnocchi or gluten free gnocchi.
- Zucchini – I have lots of zucchini in my garden and I love roasting it so it goes really well with this recipe. You could also throw in some summer squash or any other veggies you have that have similar roasting times.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes are great roasted because they burst open and become super juicy which helps create a tomato sauce feel.
- Olive Oil – Packaged gnocchi can be super dry straight out of the package so I find that 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil really helps it get nice and brown when roasted.
- Spices – I seasoned my sheet pan gnocchi with some nutritional yeast, granulated garlic and salt and pepper. The nutritional yeast gives this meal a nice cheesy taste!
- Fresh Herbs – After roasting, I tossed everything with some fresh basil and thyme from the garden. Fresh herbs add tons of flavor and freshness. You can use whatever herbs you have on hand but basil works really well!
- Toasted Pine Nuts – I wanted to add some texture to the recipe so I toasted up some pine nuts because I already knew they would go well with basil. Walnuts would be great too.
- Fresh Lemon – Fresh lemon isn’t absolutely necessary but it adds some really nice acidity that I love.
How To Make This Sheet Pan Gnocchi Recipe
Sheet pan dinners are so easy to make and this one is no different!
- Dicing up your zucchini is probably the most time consuming part of this recipe! I like to dice up my zucchini in bite size pieces that are similar size to the cherry tomatoes and gnocchi.
- Get out a large sheet pan and add your zucchini, gnocchi and cherry tomatoes. Toss everything evenly with olive oil, nutritional yeast, granulated garlic and salt and pepper.
- Bake everything at 450 degrees F for about 30 minutes, until gnocchi is crispy and zucchini and tomatoes are caramelized.
- Toss everything with fresh herbs, pine nuts and squeeze with a little bit of lemon juice, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make this recipe gluten free? Yes! Just use gluten free gnocchi.
- What should I do with the leftovers? I would store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and either re-heat in the microwave, stovetop or in the oven when ready to eat.
- If I don’t have basil what herbs should I use? I would suggest thyme, parsley or oregano.
- Can I freeze my leftovers? I haven’t done it myself and probably wouldn’t recommend it. The zucchini and tomatoes will become very mushy.
Have a question that I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I’ll get back to you ASAP!
See Exactly How I Make This Baked Gnocchi with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes:
Looking For More Delicious Gnocchi Recipes?Print