Can you believe it’s already the first Thursday of 2017?! Craziness! I guess we are much less lazy this year because our Christmas lights and tree are already down and the only remenance of Christmas is the huge pile of toys and clothes that Eli got. I’m embarrassed to admit that in the past I have left the Christmas tree up almost until Valentine’s Day. But, this year, our tree was crispy and dry a week after we put it up and I did not want it going up into flames!
So, our Christmas tree is down and I’m back to healthy dinners and only one helping of dessert 🙂 If you are new around here, the first Thursday of each month means that it’s 30-Minute Thursday! This is when I get together with some other awesome bloggers and we each provide you with a dinner recipe that only takes 30 minutes to cook. Scroll to the bottom of the post to check what everyone else made!
I’ve been obsessed with using gnocchi ever since I made this Gnocchi Enchilada Skillet. It’s not only delicious, but it cooks up really quickly and you can add all kinds of flavors to it. While technically gnocchi is an Italian food, apparently I can’t help but put Mexican flavors with it. I think I might have a problem, but hopefully you don’t mind! The gnocchi makes this vegetarian fajita skillet really filling and gives it some nice texture. I also added some avocado salsa on top to really make this 30-minute dinner one of the best!
- 1 large package gnocchi (I used 2 (12 oz) packages gluten free gnocchi)
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large avocados
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Add the gnocchi and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan, add about 2 teaspoons olive oil, peppers, onions and a pinch of salt. Cook the fajita mixture until peppers are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi back into the pan along with the black beans, salt, pepper and all the spices. Stir until everything is combined and heated through.
- Make the avocado salsa while the gnocchi is cooking. Dice the avocados and add them to a large bowl along with all of the other ingredients. Mix until combined and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- Serve dish immediately and top with a big spoonful of avocado salsa.
*Not all recipes are vegetarian and gluten free, but some can be easily adapted!