These Tex Mex Tater Tots are baked to perfection and dipped into a tangy Chipotle Lime Dip!
Earlier this week I shared my favorite Healthy Mexican Food Recipes, but I’ve saved the best for last! It’s no secret that I love making homemade tater tots. I’ve got my zucchini ones, broccoli ones, spaghetti squash ones and green apple gouda ones.
And now I have these Tex Mex Tater Tots and I think they just might be the best yet! If you’re celebrating Cinco De Mayo this year, these Tex Mex Tater Tots will be a pretty impressive dish to make for your friends. They’re packed with peppers, onions, corn, black beans and Tex Mex spices to give them tons of flavor. And, don’t even get me started on this creamy chipotle lime dip 🙂
Well, since you asked, it’s quite possibly one of the best dips I’ve ever had. Like, can’t stop licking the bowl kind of dip. The chipotle makes it smoky and spicy, the lime gives it a nice fresh kick and the sour cream is so cool and creamy. For this delicious dip I used Shamrock Farms Organic Sour Cream and it was perfect!
One of the reasons I love Shamrock Farms is because, to me, it’s a local company. Their located in Phoenix, Arizona and have a real working dairy farm that is open for tours October – May. While there you can see their commitment to treating their cows awesomely, which is really important to me when eating dairy.
All Shamrock Farm’s products begin with wholesome nutritious milk with no added grown hormones. Their products go through rigorous purity testing and are all cold packed and shipped fresh for the best flavor. And, if you don’t feel like spicing the sour cream up yourself, they also offer flavored sour creams like, Zesty Jalapeño, French Onion and Creamy Ranch.
Make these healthy homemade tater tots for Cinco De Mayo or just as a side dish for dinner!Print
- 3 large russet potatoes, or 6 small potatoes
- 1/2 cup very small diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup very small diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup very small diced red onion
- 1/2 cup black beans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil
Creamy Chipotle Lime Dip:
- 1/2 cup Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 1-2 chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce, depending on how spicy you like it!
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add potatoes to a large pot and fill with cold water. Bring to a boil and then simmer potatoes until just fork tender but still with a little bit of give in the center, 20-25 minutes. Drain potatoes and let them cool until you are able to handle them.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a large pan over medium heat and add about 1 teaspoon olive oil, peppers and onions. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Peel potatoes and then grate them on a box grater. Add grated potatoes to a big bowl along with the cooked peppers and onions, black beans, corn, salt and spices. Use your hands to mix everything together.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the potato mixture into small cylinders, you can make them as big or small as you like, and then brush the top of each with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake tater tots until browned and crispy, 25-30 minutes, flipping once.
- Make the dip while tater tots are baking: add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
Recipe makes 40-50 tater tots, depending on how big you make them.
Freezer directions: freeze uncooked tater tots in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Bake them in a 425 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.