This Thin and Crispy Garlic Bread with Miso Butter is perfect for dipping and scooping pasta with! The miso butter gives it a really flavorful umami taste and it’s easy to make!
In my mind, the ultimate home cooked meal is spaghetti and garlic bread! It’s cozy, easy to make and it’s usually a hit with the entire family. One way we dress up our weekly spaghetti dinner is with this delicious Thin and Crispy Garlic Bread with Miso Butter!
I do have a soft spot in my heart for thick and fluffy garlic bread, but sometimes I want something thin and crispy that has a nice crunch to it. If you love thin crust pizza, you will definitely love this garlic bread recipe!
Thin and Crispy Garlic Bread with Miso Butter Recipe Ingredients
- Bread – I used a baguette for this garlic bread recipe. You can really make garlic bread with any kind of bread, but French bread is more traditional. It’s best to buy a loaf of bread that is not pre-sliced so each piece is super fresh. Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions about which type of bread to use!
- Butter – This garlic bread can easily be made with either regular or vegan butter. You want the butter to be softened to room temperature so it can be easily mixed together.
- Garlic – I love using fresh garlic that I mince myself. I feel like the flavor is much more garlicky and I just like the freshness of it. If you normally use the pre-minced garlic that you can buy in a jar, that is perfectly ok too!
- Miso Paste – This recipe calls for mellow light miso pasta, you could use a different color if you prefer though. Miso pasta can usually be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store with the sauerkraut. If you have trouble finding it, you can just omit it.
- Fresh Herbs – I used fresh thyme and Italian parsley. Fresh herbs are great for garlic bread if you have them on hand but dried herbs will work great too!
- Salt – I like to add just a small pinch of salt to this garlic bread. The miso adds a saltiness and if you use salted butter that’s more salt. Just make sure not to over salt!
How To Make Delicious Thin and Crispy Garlic Bread
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Carefully slice your loaf of bread into slices that are about a quarter of an inch thick. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and lay bread slices down in a single layer.
- Add softened butter to a medium sized bowl and use a fork to lightly mash it up. Next, add in the garlic, miso paste, fresh herbs and a pinch of salt, if needed. Use a fork or spoon to mix everything together until all ingredients are fully incorporated into the butter.
- Spread a small spoonful of the butter mixture onto of each slice of bread. The amount of butter will depend on how big your bread slices are and how buttery you want them. Place in the oven and bake until butter is completely melted and the sides of the bread are starting to brown. You want to get the bread thin and crispy without burning it!
- Remove garlic bread from the oven, let cool and enjoy!
Garlic Bread Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe gluten free? No, but it can easily be made using gluten free bread.
- Is this recipe vegan? I used regular butter but it can easily be made using vegan butter.
- What kind of bread should I use for the best garlic bread recipe? French bread is pretty traditional when it comes to garlic bread but you can really use any kind of bread you like. I’ve made garlic bread using English muffins before!
- How long do leftovers keep in the refrigerator? If they are stored in an airtight container they should keep for about 4 days.
- How should I heat up leftovers? You can either heat in the microwave or the oven. The texture will not quite be as thin and crispy as when they were fresh out of the oven but they should still taste good!
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!