This delicious Thai Green Curry with Chickpeas is made using just 5 ingredients from Trader Joe’s! It’s so easy to make and only takes about 20 minutes to have this flavorful vegan dinner on the table!
I’m back with another 5 Ingredient Trader Joe’s Recipe! And, this one is super easy and delicious! I love Indian food but I don’t have a lot of practice cooking it from scratch. I love that you can buy really delicious bottled sauces, like this Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce, and you can make a delicious meal in no time at all.
This Thai Green Curry with Chickpeas and Vegetables is great for an easy weeknight dinner, or like my husband, you can use it as a meal prep lunch. Just portion it into a few meal prep containers and you’ve got a ready to eat, healthy lunch all week long!
Thai Green Curry with Chickpeas Recipe Ingredients
- Thai Green Curry Sauce – The Trader Joe’s Thai Green Curry Sauce is so good! It happens to be vegan, which is great, and it’s really flavorful.
- Chickpeas – I love using chickpeas as a protein source in stir fry because they don’t take any preparation at all, you just open the can, rinse and drain and add to the pan to heat up. You could also use tofu or tempeh, but you would need to fry them and season them a little bit first.
- Vegetables – I found the perfect stir fry veggie mix for this Thai Green Curry meal! It had broccoli, Brussels sprouts, red cabbage, kale, carrots and snow peas. TJ’s has a few other stir fry veggie mixes that would work well too. You could also just do broccoli, or a single vegetable if you like.
- Cilantro – I used cilantro as a garnish to freshen things up. You could also add some crispy toasted nuts or a fresh squeeze of lime would be great!
- Rice – I served my Thai green curry over some brown rice. I have really been loving the TJ’s frozen rice lately. It only takes 3 minutes to cook and it really is perfect every time. I especially like it for brown rice because that takes longer to cook than white rice and I never get it right. You could also use a different grain such as quinoa if you like.
How To Make This Easy Thai Green Curry with Vegetables and Chickpeas
This recipe is ridiculously easy to make!
- Start by preparing your rice. I used the microwave rice so I just microwaved the bag for 3 minutes and then let sit until the rest of the meal was ready.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add a couple of teaspoons of olive oil. Next, dump in the bag of veggies and season with salt and pepper. Stir everything together and cook until the veggies are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the chickpeas, stir together, and then add in the jar of Thai green curry sauce. Mix everything together, cover with a lid and let cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. If you find that it’s too thick, you can add a little bit of water. Taste and season with extra salt, if needed.
- Add your rice to a bowl and top with your curry vegetable mixture. Garnish with the fresh cilantro and enjoy!
How To Make This Recipe Without Trader Joe’s
- Most grocery stores sell a bottled Thai green curry sauce that you use in place of the TJ’s brand. You could also make your own green curry from scratch. I don’t have a recipe, but this one looks great!
- Most grocery stores also sell pre-chopped stir fry vegetable mixes that have a variety of veggies in them. If you can’t find one of those, you can just buy a few different kind of veggies and cut them up yourself. You can also find stir fry veggie mixes in the freezer section.
- Chickpeas, rice and cilantro can all easily be found at any grocery store!
Recipe frequently Asked Questions
- Can this recipe be frozen? Yes, freeze in an airtight container, I prefer a freezer bag for meals like this, for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter or in the refrigerator.
- How long will the leftovers keep in the refrigerator? 4-5 days, but use your judgement and if it doesn’t look or smell good, don’t eat it!
- Can I add tofu (or meat) instead of chickpeas? Yes, you will just want to pre-cook the protein if you use something other than chickpeas.
- Is this recipe gluten free? Yes!
- Is this recipe vegan? Yes!
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!