This classic and simple Cucumber Tomato Salad really highlights fresh summer produce! You only need a few ingredients but it tastes fresh and delicious!
I really didn’t mean to give you two recipes in a row featuring tomatoes, onion and fresh herbs, but that is what is in season right now and I can’t stop eating them! As similar as this Cucumber Tomato Salad looks to my Pico De Gallo recipe from last week, I promise it tastes much different!
Cucumber Tomato Salad is one of those classic salads that you don’t even really need a recipe for, it just comes together with a few simple ingredients.
What You’ll Need For Cucumber Tomato Salad
Since this salad recipe has so few ingredients, it is really important to use ripe, in season, quality ingredients for this recipe! Garden fresh would be perfect if you have them 🙂
- Cucumber – I like to use the hothouse English cucumbers because they are less watery than regular cucumbers and the seeds are smaller. The skin is also much thinner than regular cucumber skin so it’s easier to eat.
- Tomato – I used cherry tomatoes in this recipe because I love the sweetness but any kind of tomato would work! You can even mix a few different kinds together.
- Onion – Any kind of onion you like will work! I usually go with a purple onion but have been enjoying the milder taste of white onions lately.
- Fresh Herbs – I used a combo of mint and basil but any fresh herbs you have will be great!
- Dressing – The dressing is just a mixture of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Super simple and allows the natural flavors of the fresh vegetables to shine.
Sometimes simple recipes are the best! This Cucumber Tomato Salad is perfect for the summer when you want something easy, healthy and delicious. It’s full of fresh vegetables and goes well with so many other dishes.
Here Are A Few Ways I Enjoy This Cucumber Tomato Salad
- With beans and rice – I have a Spanish rice recipe coming up soon and a few days in a row I ate rice, beans and a big scoop of this salad for lunch and it was delicious!
- On top of a hummus pita – I fried up some pita bread, spread it with hummus and then topped it with cucumber tomato salad.
- On top of a bed of greens – I like to have this on hand to make a super easy salad. I just chop up some greens and then add this to it for a veggie filled salad.
- As a veggie side dish – We made veggie burgers and fries the other night for dinner and this cucumber tomato salad was the perfect light and fresh side dish.
I hope you all are taking full advantage of the delicious summer produce going on right now! If you get around to making this salad, I’d love to hear your thoughts below!Print
This Cucumber Tomato Salad is easy to make, healthy and so refreshing!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sized cucumber (I like to use a seedless hothouse cucumber)
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- Small handful fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir until combined. Serve salad immediately or refrigerator up to 3 days.
If making salad in advance I would leave out the fresh herbs until serving. They can turn brown quickly when cut up and refrigerated.